Monday, July 18, 2011

TAEP Grade 6

I've been working like crazy to be VERY prepared for this schoolyear. The TAEP Grade 6 site has been changed a bit and I have added resources for student use and teacher use. For the first time, I have added documents including lesson plans and powerpoints. Using Google Docs helps a lot however I have also been using Windows Live which allows me to have documents on the cloud for use anywhere I have an internet connection.

More importantly, I have been adding student interactives to the reading units 1-3. I have organized the specific skills taught and/or reviewed with each story and have linked student interactives. The resources on the internet are overwhelming and I was able to find something for most comprehension skills and grammar skills. Check out the site by clicking on the title of this post. Then click on Unit 1 on the left side to see the listing of stories and skills. Altough I teach Grade 6, the skill interactives are not necessarily leveled for 6th grade. Since students will use this site independently for review, I used various levels.

I have also included teacher resources from PBSMedia, Starrmatica, and BrainPop. PBSMedia is a free site that has exceptional resources to assist with your teaching. The other two sites are paid subscriptions but well worth the price. As you scroll to the bottom, you will find the documents. I have completed lesson plans for all my units but have only recently started making PowerPoints to review the stories in preparation for the selection test. Mrs. Langley's Website gave me this idea and I have recently started making ppts for the first unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment