Saturday, August 20, 2011

Math Pickle


This site was shared by someone...wish I remembered who!  In my excitement about this site, I didn't even mark it as a favorite.  I just started sharing it with fellow teachers.  So thank you, whoever you are!

Back to the site.  The first thing I checked out was a 6th grade lesson on prime and composite numbers.  I clicked on the video and was disappointed that it was on YouTube until I realized this was a video to help teachers use a particular strategy to teach the concept.  Then I noticed an associated powerpoint to show to students.  In addition, there is a pdf with the graph paper needed for students to complete the exercise.  Unfortunately I was unable to open another file however, give it a try.  You may be able to open it.  WIth the resources I could access, I would be set with this lesson!

I skimmed over the $1,000,000 Problems and I think I need to give that a bit more attention.  In fact, there are other pages that need a bit more of my attention. 

All you MATH teachers out there...make sure you check out this site! Just click on the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment