Friday, January 8, 2010

Navigating This Blog

Just in case you are having trouble navigating this blog, I thought I would give you a few tips.

1. You do not need to sign up for the blog, join it or follow it. All you need to do is type in the address just like you would for any website.

2. I usually tag or label the posts with a curriculum/subject area. If you scroll down the blog and look on the right side, you will see the labels. To see what I have posted on Math, just click on that tag and you will go to all the posts about math.

3. Links within the posts are underlined and usually a different color. All you need to do is click and you will go directly to the new site. To return to the blog, click the back button on the title of the blog.

4. Typically if the post is about a particular site, the title of the post will be the link. It has no identification that it is a link. You'll know if I have added the link by clicking on it. If the link is nowhere else, it is on the title.

5. The Archives list all the postings over the months I have been blogging. All you need to do is click on the post title and you'll go directly to that post.

6. I often change the widgets on the right side. These widgets are just fun things that I find and add. Right now I have a translator and a very cool clock. These are changed whenever I find something neat!

7. I am attempting to post at least once a day. That's a New Year's Resolution...at least one of them. That means that if you are checking the blog on occasion, you may miss something. As you look at the posts and scroll to the bottom, you will see the words older posts. Click on that to see what you may have missed.

8. To leave a comment, just click on comment and a box will come up. You can comment anonymously if you have no other ID. It would be nice if you just put your name at the end so I know who added the comment though. You may have to type in a security code which should pop up for you.

Most all blogs work in the same way so hopefully this will help you with your blog reading experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment